What Sunday Morning Looks Like For Your Child
at The Grace Place
When you come to church on a Sunday one of our volunteers will greet you at the door to check your child in at the door, and answer any questions you may have about The Grace Place ministry. Once you are checked in feel free to get a cup of coffee and relax until the beginning of the service.
We value families having the opportunity to worship together as much as possible and so your children will be with you during the beginning of the service as well as at the end of our time together. They will be dismissed at the beginning of the sermon and will return while we sing later on in the service. Parents are welcome to accompany their children upstairs to get a feel for our ministry and enjoy the time of teaching and worship.
At the beginning of every month your child will be sent home with a "blue sheet" for your family to use at home. This sheet contains an overview of what we are studying that month in The Grace Place, the passages of scripture we are focusing on, and questions for you to ask at home to help reinforce what your children are learning each week. These sheets are also located on the Connect Table located in the sanctuary for anyone interested.
A typical Sunday morning in The Grace Place looks something like this:
- Our morning begins with some stretching (This helps us "shake the wiggles out") Once we are all limbered up we pass out instruments, and we play and sing a few songs of worship together. We sing and dance to worship songs, instilling in the children a desire to respond to who God is, and to show them that church is fun!
- At this point we sit together and take our prayer requests and pray for one another. We want to help the children learn what it looks and feels like to care for each other in prayer on a regular basis. After prayer time we focus on our big question of the day, basically setting up what we are going to learn that day.
- At The Grace Place we teach children Bible stories that help to reveal God's character, His love, and the Gospel. We use the Jesus Storybook Bible, an excellent resource that teaches the children the stories of the Bible as well as helping them see that everything points to Jesus!
- We then head into the craft room to work on some kind of tangible element that reinforces our lesson from the day. Sometimes we create things to take home, and sometimes we make things that we display up in our play room, so be sure to come upstairs every once and awhile and see what we've been working on!
- After craft time we wrap up our morning in the play room for some supervised fun until it's time to join the adults downstairs again.
- Be on the look out during the response worship as your children will come running, excited to continue their morning of worship with the family!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Grace Place ministry please email us at email@example.com